Roasted Pepper and Sausage Soup
- 10 Red bell peppers, roasted with skins and seeds removed
- 4 heads of cauliflower, seasoned with salt and pepper or your favorite spice mix from Savory Spice Shop and olive oil then roasted
- 1 pound chicken apple sausage, seared then cut in half lengthwise, then sliced thin
- 2 quarts of homemade roasted vegetable broth
- 5 pounds of cremini mushroom stems only, roasted
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- the ends of one onion
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 good size pinches of peppercorns
- 2 pinches of kosher salt
In a stock pot saute all of the sausage until slightly browned, remove and set aside. Add cleaned red bell peppers and roasted cauliflower, break up with wood spoon then add homemade stock. Bring to a boil then simmer 20 minutes. Add in the chicken apple sausage and simmer for 10 more minutes. Using a hand mixer, gently mix soup using the up-and-down motion on low, you want the soup to be slightly smooth with small chunks of sausage.
Serve on it’s own for a savory lunch or dinner and freeze in small containers for an healthy, easy grab-and-go lunch at the office.